Engineer or Senior Engineer
Position: Engineer or Senior Engineer
Reporting Line: Engineering Team Leader
Department: Field Technology Services
Proserv is an international energy services company focusing predominately on the design, manufacture, supply and service of oilfield controls with four main product and service offerings; Subsea Controls, Production Controls, Drilling Controls and Field Technical Services. The company operates across 18 sites and 10 countries.
Our people are fundamental to the success of our organisation and remain at the heart of our achievements. At Proserv, we aim to develop our business around a valued and motivated workforce that encourages personal development and allows our people to flourish realising their fullest potential.
The Engineer is responsible for producing engineering design and drawings for projects in our field services technology business unit. Designs produced will be predominantly for subsea tooling and systems intended for cutting and subsea intervention services.
The position requires a strong understanding of manufacturing, assembly and testing as well as subsea operations. Field Technology Services is a fast paced service business and the candidates should be comfortable working in this type of environment to tight deadlines.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
• Develop engineering designs for project requirements
• Prepare drawings and calculations for approval
• Liaise with clients on engineering deliverables and proposals
• Assist with project delivery
• Prepare technical content for project team
• Attend client meetings where required
• Technical support for sub-contract manufacturing, workshop and field services
• Development of manufacturing documentation for production and purchasing
• Develop, maintain and update engineering reports, internal / external
Proserv have a Business Ethics Policy (‘the policy’) which provides guidance to all employees in their day to day roles as well as helping you and the business comply with the law at all times. The incumbent must read, understand and comply with, at all times, the policy along with all other corresponding policies, procedures and directives.
Please refer to the Proserv Intranet to access a full copy of the policy and corresponding policies, procedures and directives. Should you have any difficulty accessing the Intranet then please make your line manager aware, as soon as possible, and they will assist you with access.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
• Apply Proserv, and where appropriate client Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded
• Bachelor Degree within Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience from engineering background
• Minimum 5 year experience in the Oil & Gas Industry. Relevant work experience can be considered if formal education is missing.
• Knowledge and expertise within design of subsea intervention tooling
• Knowledge and expertise in design of hydraulics and pressure systems
• Competent user of SolidWorks or Inventor 3D modelling is essential
• Fluent written and spoken English
• A team player
Cover letter and CV must be in English.